The BAB was involved in a online meeting with Sport England at 12:30 pm 13th July 2021 advising the latest information prior to the government guidance and Sport England FAQs being published later this week, hopefully before the 19th July 2021.
Information Received from Sport England.
- Full Contact Aikido can resume for both Adults and Juniors as of 19th July 2021.
- There is no limit on class size or who you can train with.
- The use of face covering is at the choice of the club leader, but is NOT a legal requirement.
- The use of the NHS Track and Trace QR code to register at your club is suggested, but is not a legal requirement.
- Some of your club members may be anxious about contact aikido , The BAB suggests that you should be sensitive to this and you could refer to the BAB Return to the Dojo documentation Phase 2 & 3 for guidance. Although this is no longer a legal requirement as of the 19th July 2021.
Based upon this information the BAB expects that in England, clubs will be able to train with full contact aikido as of the week commencing 19th July. In light of this please ensure your BAB membership is current & valid as it includes your person to person and public liability insurance.
We will update you when the formal documentation is released online.