Welcome to the British Aikido Board
The British Aikido Board seeks to:-
- Represent the majority of bona fide organisations practicing aikido in the United Kingdom.
- Support, encourage and promote the highest standards of aikido within an environment of mutual respect for offering styles practiced.
- Raise awareness of the value of aikido not only as a contributor towards healthy living, but also in the development of adults, young people and children, without regard to race, gender or creed.
The British Aikido Board operates primarily through its member Associations. There are 43 currently Full Member Associations with 5 Associate and Probationary Member Associations of regional and national status, who each retain their independence, both technically and financially, with a combined membership of some 5,000 , which includes 1216 instructors holding current Coaching Awards.
The Board is recognised by Sport England , as the only governing body for aikido in the United Kingdom and is a member of the Sport and Recreation Alliance.
The Board seeks to further the advancement of all styles of aikido and to establish and monitor standards of safety and behaviour for practitioners of aikido.
The Board advises member Associations on all relevant UK and European legislation and procedures and develops appropriate policies and codes of practice.
Other services provided include:-
• Insurance cover, for members, instructors and Associations.
• Promotion of a Nationally recognised Coaching Scheme in conjunction with UK Coaching / Sport England.
• Organising a National Courses.
• Supporting initiatives to encourage the teaching of Aikido in schools.
• Publishing Newsletters and specialist information bulletins eg. Safeguarding and Coaching.
The Board has completed a number of initiatives, arising from the work of their major Governance Audit and through the adoption of a wide range of recommendations, contained in their Aikido Development Plan will support their key objective of encouraging all Aikido groups to join together under this “Aikido umbrella”.
Entering Amazon from here supports the BAB.