Return to the Dojo Status
We have received confirmation from the DCMS that our combat sport framework action plan for British Aikido Board Members (Return to the dojo) has been approved and has been placed on the government website
Contact combat sports including Members of the British Aikido Board should only allow activities within the relevant phase to take place.
Approved contact combat sports can resume the following activity at these stages of the roadmap:
Please note that this advice is for the British Aikido Board and affiliates in England only. Non-affiliated organisations cannot practice under these rules. Please refer to our Return to the Dojo Action Plan detail page for full documentation
· Combat sports: the government have confirmed that at Step 3 combat sports will stay at phase 1 for adults indoor and outdoor, and phase 2 for children indoor and outdoor.
· Indoor activity: can take place informally in groups of up to 6 / 2 households. Indoor organised activity can take place in larger numbers. This means that both adult and children classes can take place without number restrictions, as long as it is undertaken in line with Covid-secure guidance and adheres to the capacity restrictions for indoor sports facilities (100sqft per person).
· Outdoor activity: can take place informally in groups of up to 30 people. Organised outdoor sport can take place with unlimited numbers.
· Car sharing can now take place
· Spectating can now take place indoor and outdoor. Spectators need to adhere to social gathering limits (maximum groups of 30 outdoors and maximum groups of six/two households indoors). The rule for indoors is that the total number of participants, coaches, officials and spectators must be in line with the facility guidance on ventilation rates, the maximum occupancy of each indoor facility should be limited by providing 100sq ft per person.
National governing bodies are responsible for ensuring the phases are moved through gradually to ensure a duty of care for participants during their return to play.
This should be reflected in the approved guidance document, refer to the BAB Return to the Dojo Action Plan .
BAB Overall COVID Officer